Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so im currently building my first prerunner. It is a 84 2.8 v6 2wd Ranger xlt single cab short bed. I finally got the engine running perfect. Im adding headers and a dual exaust with a ram air intake this weekend. The suspension is stock with monroe shocks. Im about to buy pro comp 12" long travel shocks. But I need a long travel suspension kit. The only thing I can find is the skyjacker 4-6 inch lift. Now I know how a lift kit works and know the basics of my I beam suspension. So how will I be able to set up a 4 inch lift up front 2 in the back but still be able to use the 12" of long travel that my shocks give. Lastly im looking to buy my 4 inch flare fenders in a week or two and my tires the week after im riding some 25" tires now. so what would be the best size tire for my setup its only a v6 and I probly only have 160 hp I was thinking 30". Any and all advice is appreciated as im only 18 and im trying to acomplish the perfect prerunner for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
160hp out of a 2.8 is optimistic! :D

Anyways, I myself have 33s and have to re-gear my 3.75 diff. Yet, I think my truck is stupid and girls call it sexy. So I'd go with the girls. I do rub a bit though with the no-name rims I have.

The 7.5 axle also has its limits, and 33 is right on it. If you don't wanna mess with things twice 30 is probably the better choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts