Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 84 ATC 185s, the problem is it's hard to start and has always been, normally worked best if i push started it, but now it won't start at all, i'm getting little too no spark, i tryed a new plug and it didn't work any better, i suspect that maybe it's the ignition point's, but not really even sure, i miss riding the thing and want too get it runing again, so can anyone help me figure out what's going on with it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you probably have gotten water or mud in your "alternator" for lack of the correct term. I am assuming this is a honda and has no battery. Pull the rope starter off, then remove the "flywheel". Clean the inside of the flywheel and the contacts and the magneto. this should produce more "fire" for spark at the plug. If not, your coil or control modul are bad. If this bike has a battery, make sure the CDI is not dirty also or misaligned. Just pull the cover off the left side of the motor up on the head.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.