Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched but haven't found specifically what I need. Is there a source for radiators for the 225? Does a radiator from another application work. Is it just easier to have mine reworked? The top tank and bottom spigot are leaking. I would also like to upgrade to a 3 tube at this time.

·
Registered
278 Posts
JC Whitney list the stock one for $370. The HD duty one for a 73-80 CJ(4-row) is $320, has anyone used one of these? If you decide to get one from JCW, there is an offer for 15% off on the back of the catalog. Good luck!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Go to your radiator shop with your radiator. They can measure it and find one that fits. I had them cut my brackets off and weld them onto the new one for less then $200.

Scott

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I would start at the local radiator shop....your radiator may not be as bad as you think. Just had mine reworked, like new for $80. Hang on to your brackets! they are hard to find!
There is also a guy on Ebay that is always selling new CJ radaitors (2 & 3 core) ..... radiator shop can put your brackets on a CJ radiator for about $20-30.. You can skip Ebay and contact him directly too. and pick it up at one of his warehouses and save the shipping. I think this is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1846812567

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1847623373

A lot cheaper that the other places I've looked at. $120 to $130

·
Registered
112 Posts
I went with one from 1-800 Radiators....

Its a 3 row CJ5 Radiator, Oh, it was a brand name raidator too (forgot which one though). Didn't charge for shipping, and it was 170ish $ with a life time warrenty.

It arrived within 2 days, Only funky thing was the Sides of the original had to be brased onto the new one. The guy at the Fabrication place gave me some grief about it but did a excellent job, (that also added 25$ to the final price)

The end result though was everything bolted right up, including the built in trans cooler for under 200$

Before the radiator replacement at idle at a stoplight the temp gage would begin to creep up, Now it can sit in the driveway on a NC summer night (Still 85 Deg) for 2 hours and not even budge the temp gage. Its probably one of the better buys I made for the jeepster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.