Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone is still awake out there, i need some carb help TONIGHT. i just put in my new edelbrock 600cfm with an electric choke, and although i have adjusted the idle and mixture screws, nothing effects the idle. it is idling very high and no matter what i adjust, it doesnt change one way or the other, any ideas? thanks

life is like my jeep, when everything's goin good, you just know somethin's goin down soon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
can anyone help?

life is like my jeep, when everything's goin good, you just know somethin's goin down soon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...hey check on the secondary throttle shaft. there should be a adjuster screw for the butterflies to open a hair...if this screw is improperly setup it will high idle and cause a lean condition. also check for the vacuum leaks(gaskets, lines etc..)

Mark (OIIIIO) Langmotorsports(business)
1977/CJ7/Glasstub/460ciFord/C6Auto/NP205/4"LIFT/33'S

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy did you fix the problem yet? If you were adjusting the idle and noticed no changes.. sometimes you have to pull that throttle cable a few times to let the screw set.. then it will idle at what you set it had.. I had this same problem a few times..

78 CJ7 "Issues"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts