Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question, but how the heck do you get a soft top to fit onto a cj-5. It goes up no problem without the booms inside, but once I get the booms in, Neither the back nor 1 side can be snapped. Is there a trick or a certain order to put this thing on. I already ripped one of the seams trying to make it fit. Thanks in advance

Keith

ITS GOOD ENOUGH /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Believe it or not, you should try this on a sunny hot day. It'll make quite a bit of difference. It's tight, but it should stretch without tearing. I thought the TJ's soft top would rip as well, so we abandoned the project for a better day and it went right up.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd

G

·
Jeepn is right, I had a heck of a time getting on when it was cold out. Also I put 1 snap on eachside then put the front channel in. I went around and snapped everything else.

Do it on a sunny day. Let the top warm up some.

hope it helps

Lunatic
Home Page

G

·
Button it all down before you move the bows into place. Extend the rear bow first, then move it back. Have a friend pull down on the top while you snap to get the door bars in. Do this on a sunny day like the other guys suggested. It will stretch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.