Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
test :
at a stop put the jeep in its highest (non-overdrive) gear and let off the clutch....if it dies right away...the clutch is OK.....if it hesitates then dies the clutch is crap.... clutches cost 500-700 dollars to have professionally replaced....

Honestly Rice-Boy.....i think from the sound of your posts you are but a young budding mechanic....as such you should SERIOUSLY consider getting a jeep that may be more reliable ...such as a YJ..... when you buy and older car you may be buying someones problem.... when i bought my CJ back in High school...i was all gung-ho and would have bought the first jeep i found if i had the money....and i pretty much did...i have an 1985 CJ7 that the previous owner didnt take care of.....had blown u-joints when i bought it...so i could play with it right away.....it even had the original Factory brake pads at 100k miles!!!!!

for what i spent on that jeep so far i could have bought a nice used YJ and had a heck of a lot less problems.....and since your a teenager still, i imagine you dont have tons of money to throw around right now....

god...i feel like a parent

Jeep'n Greg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.