Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still trying to sort out the fuel filler for my Scrambler...this is about the only detail that I haven't worked out. Someone suggested the recessed filler surround from the side of an early CJ-5 (I know other Jeeps of similar vintage have the same part as well). I think there's a handful of you guys out there who have one of these puppies. What I need is the height, width, and depth of the surround and any other info you can supply about how the filler neck mounts to it...bolts, angled, etc. TIA

G

·
Jeepskate, If you are referring to "early" as those CJ5's with the fuel tank under the drivers seat and the filler on the side, just aft of the driver's opening, then they have no mount. That is, the filler neck (steel, intergal part of the tank) simply pokes through the opening in the side of the jeep. The filler neck is not mounted to the tub. There is a rubber collar (if your lucky) to keep gas from sloshing in during fueling. I'll try to get you a dimensioned sketch by end of weekend.

1968 CJ-5 225 V6/T14/18/27frt/44rr

If life gets boring, risk it!

G

·
Jeepskate, have you considered using the filler from a TJ? I think it would look pretty trick.

Gary

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen several that look like they have a sort of half-oval surround that's bolted or riveted into that indent on the side of the tub by the door opening and I was given the names of a couple of shops/Willys parts dealers where I could buy one. I just want to have a good idea as to whether or not it will fit my needs before I order one.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already did that with my project CJ/YJ/TJ-7 that was sacrificed to build the Scrambler /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. No place to do it on the Scrambler without having the filler housing exposed on the inside of the Jeep...putting my Hum-Vee recess mount tail-lights in, so there's no room in the rear housings for the filler.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Looks like it\'ll fit

Got some measurements from a couple of my buddies on the CheapJeepin mailing list (7.5" x 6" x 4" for those who are interested) and one of them even has one for me from an old tub he cut up. Went out to the garage late last night with the tape measure, and it looks like a go...either next to the mounting foot for the main hoop, or in front of the mounting foot for the rear kicker on the passenger side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.