Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am doing a ground up rebuild of my 67 cj-5 i recently picked up a dana 44 front from a 78 fsj cherokee what i am wondering is what type of extended break lines should i use? i will be shortening the axle to orig specs (or close). i am also planning on using the original d-44 with 2-pc axles, i was just going to upgrade breaks and include a lock right. this will be using a skyjacker 4" lift, and 3/4"lift shackles. a 231 buick v-6, turbo 350 trans and d-18
tcase. i would like to run 35" tires. if any one has any comments or tips expecialy about the running gear please post them as i am new to this type of work, and i am sure there are issues i havn't even considered yet. this is a great board and you guys are a great help to all of us less experinced folks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure how your lines are set up, but mine run through the frame to the soft line. I would replace the hard line (probably needs it anyway) and mount it just below the frame. This way, you dont have to buy new lines, unless you need them, and it should give you enough travel. Now this is what I was thinking of doing, but haven't done it yet. Just check the travel especially full droop before you start to see if the lines will be long enough.
Also, if your doing the upgrades, why not 1 piece axles?? Though I have no idea how strong the d44 2 piece are.

Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking about 1 piece axles but they are real expensive, so are the full floater kits from warn, unless someone tells me this is a real bad set-up i will stick with these till they break and then upgrade, good idea on the break lines, thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts