Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an air cleaner for 258 engine. Its the round one with the air horn that makes it look like a tear drop.

It needn't be perfect, but if you have the retangular air hose.. and that little piece that attaches the cleaner to the valve cover... that'd be great! I'll take what I can get though.

I called one place and they said $150, and I nearly crapped my pants. I was hoping for A LOT less. Will trade for other cool stuff.. look for a posting I made last week.

Thanks!
Sam88Jeep
[email protected]

'88 YJ 4.2L, 32/36 Weber, HEI, 2.5" spring lift, 31" BFG ATs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what carb you sticking it on?? I have a round one that fits on a 2 barrell..

Low Riders are for Boys that can't get it up!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for the one that goes w/ the 2 barrell Carter BBD... But I'm going to adapt it for the Weber.

How much do you want?

Sam88Jeep

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Hey Sam,

I bought mine for about $100, and then changed over to the Weber. Save the money for your Weber. It would be pretty difficult to adapt it over, the shape isn't conducive to it. Also on the factory kit, you need to specify if you have power brakes or not (PB denotes the teardrop you were talking about).

On the Weber you can use the K&N filter supplied, or if you don't like that, Weber has either a performance filter kit, or you can put a snorkle kit on it. Check it out at http://www.collinsbrosjeep.com/images/hardparts/weber/JEEP Cataloge and information.htm

HTH

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, I need it FOR my Weber. Its a messed up story, but to make it short, I can't pass emissions out here w/o a 'thermostatic' air cleaner. So I NEED to adapt it for my already-installed Weber.

:(

Found one place that wants $45 + s/h. Maybe I should take it.

Sam88Jeep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got one that came with my '87 yj.It was just thrown in the back.I'm not sure what is supposed to be there.There is the bottom piece with some vacuum hoses and damper in the intake, and the lid.I can look at it closer if you want.I have a 258 with Carter bbd.Put aftermarket air cleaner on.Would rather trade than sell if you want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the air cleaner on the floor of my garage that was off my '84 CJ with the 258 and the BBD carter. If anyone wants it just email me at [email protected] Make me an offer. I dont have the rectangular hose that attaches to the end and goes to the air box in the fenderwell.

David
Missouri

1 - 9 of 9 Posts