Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
I have two questions, since there is no PCV valve for 4.0L engines, can I replace my oil cap with a breather./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
Second, can I swap passenger seat to driver's seat./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Thanks,

Nycjeep :) /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I can't seem to get my moonguys/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifto stop laughing! They think it's a RIOT!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gifYour 4.0 most definitely HAS a positive crankcase ventilation system. If you put a breather on you will help your engine get a snootful of dirt./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif There should be two fittings on the valve cover.....one to vacuum, and one to the air cleaner./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Oh....wait! One of the little moonguys/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifjust ran in with a HAYNES manual.....yep....he was right! It shows a PCV on every Jeep engine that the Wranglers used./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right Dave. Every 4.0 has a positive crankcase ventilation system. The thing is though that they don't use a PCV valve that most of us are accustomed to. I can't remember how the system works, but I am sure that it is quite different than the average PCV system in that it is very complex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i looked on my my wranglers and i'm pretty sure u can swap seats you just have to unbolt them from the seat rails and switch it that way, but if yours have reclining seats the arm to recline will be on different side, just look under the seats and see if the bolt patern on each side are they same.

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif The main point is.....the engine is under slightly negative pressure, and a breather would sniff dirt, and that dirt would shorten the life of the engine. The PCV air adjustment is in the intake manifold cluster if the book is correct. Actually, our '97 ZJ 4.0 is quite similar./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.