Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a driveshaft for a CJ-7 with a Quadratrac (spelling) x-fer case. I need the front shaft. If you have one in good condition and are willing to part with it for a jeeper to jeeper price let me know. [email protected]

P.S. T.R., how many posts are you up to? Ya' been on here since they switched over from the old bbs system.

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts
Did you twist yours too? I got mine retubed for $35 when I twisted mine. If you need a complete one with new joints, I recommend you get a new shaft made with 2" or bigger tubing.

·
Registered
341 Posts
well....the only place i recommend for new shafts is tom woods driveshafts. great products and even better service.

www.4xshaft.com

you may be able to find a local shop around you that can either rebuild or make a new shaft for ya.

i just had a premium front shaft for my yj done, and it ran $210. it will take about a week or so to have it at your doorstep, but thats only because tom and troy build em one way...the right way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not twist it yet. I have a 350 in my Jeep and the front driveshaft hits the starter and the tranny when the front pass. side tire is stuffed all the way in. I have a lot of slop in the shaft because of this. I need to take it apart and see if it needs to be resplined or what. I just want the least expensive, quality, fix as possible.
If a local shop can fix it for cheap I will go that route.

As far as a Tom Woods shaft goes it would not make sense for me to do that. I do not plan on keeping my axles forever and I do not need the added expense of a nice shaft only to be stuck with it in a couple of years. Not a big market for expensive aftermarket shafts fitting a Q-track.

I am mostly interested in finding someone out there with a used one just sitting in there back yard or garage or wherever. If anyone has one let me know. [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.