Off Roading Forums banner

Need a 5 lug to 6 lug wheel adapter.

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Where can I buy 5 to 6 lug lug pattern adaptor?

I'm planning to buy a 5 BFG A/T 35" tires with rims cheap, but the rims are 6 lug pattern. I can convert my front from 5 to 6 no problem, but the rear either I get 6 lug axle shaft get it cut and repline or get an adaptor. Adapter maybe cheaper and I can always goback to 5 lug if I need to.

90YJ 32", 4.56-powerlok/trac-lok, 4.0L, D44 f/r

G
#3 ·
The rims that I have on now are rusty I need to replace them. The rims that come with the tire I'm planning to buy are "6 lugs Steel Black Rockcrawler". I know I should stay on 5 lugs and they are common. And also I need to put spacer on my rear anyway about 62" the front is 65".

#5 ·
For the cost of a spacer and whatever 6 lug conversion you are planning on, you can buy 4 new steel black rockcrawler rims (they're usually around $40-$50 ea.). Use the wheel offset to increase your track width - a shallower offset in the rear, a deeper one in the front. As long as you stay with about 3" of difference, you'll be OK.

If money is no concern (it usually is for me!), then do the conversion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.