Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering your opinion of running a front end that is about 3" narrower than the rear??. Because i already have the complete front end from a Scout, i was thinking of just cutting it down and running it like that. I will be running a UN-cut scout in the rear. I am not looking for a show truck, just a trail rig. What are you thoughts on this?? Any ideas or opinions??

Thanks

Kevin
New England 4x4 Club
http://206.190.221.134/cj7.htm
79 Jeep CJ7

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I put a Ford 9" in the back of my Scrambler. I measured from back side of brakes and it matched the AMC 20. However, the brakes are wider and it's longer from there out, so I ended up with a wider rear end (no jokes please). The back wheels stick out a couple inches more that the front from under the fender flares. I actually like the look, although it wasn't planned. Performs just fine - no adverse reactions.

Keep on Jeepin'
Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is actually prefered around here for the mud holes. TThe rear will catch the edges of the rut in the mud made by the front rather than fallowing in them

Al
My web page

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have the same thing as ScottCJ8, a Ford 9" from an Early Bronco with the stock Jeep front. The tires stick out a little farther. You get really covered with mud with the top off; but wider flares would cure that. Driveability on the street and trail are fine. Go for it!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Wouldn't this be kind of like driving a 1 ton dually truck? I've never driven a civilian dually, but if they sell them with 4wd - I'm sure someone has tried it on a trail!

Liberals don't mind being lied to . . . they just want to be lied to by someone they trust!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.