Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, sorry just had to get your attention.....CAN I FIT 33x12.5x15's on my Stock lifted Z-71. Right now it has 285/75/16's with some room to spare. The reason i need to know is because 4Wheelparts has package deals on 4 Eagle 589's or whatever with 33x12.5x15's for like 900 bucks. PLEASE WOULD SOME PERSON FULL OF KNOWLEDGE RESPOND QUICK ;)I mean I could deal with a little rubbing, i'd just take off the front air dam, I just dont want to buy a package deal and then have them rip off my front bumper or something ;)

-Ryan S- 1994 Chevy Z-71 TwoTone Navy/Silver, 33in BFG Mud Terrains. Custom Flowmaster Dual Exhaust. K&N system. Custom Kenwood/Rockford Fosgate system, two 12" Rockford HE subs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I'm going to answer your question but the next time there better be naked women. My brother in law put 33-12.50 BFG's on his '01 Z71 and all he did was screw the torsion bars a little bit, they rub just a little bit when he turns hard in reverse. I'm a fan of the Chevy but..........

I drive a CUMMINS, therefore I am

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ryan, That's false advertising!!! You can do jail time for that!!! lol..... Anyhow, your tires are in the neighborhood of 32" tall. The 33's should be ok if you can deal with a little rubbing, or a little trimming here and there. It should look sweet when you're done though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This goes back to a previous post....I did the research and the 285's I BELIEVED came out to 33.1, a smidge larger than 33's. I'm talking about the width here. I KNOW i can fit 33's on my truck, i'm just thinking about making them a bit wider. I would like to go with a 15x10 rim because if i had those, if I ever lifted my truck I could put some huge meats on those things. as opposed to the 16's I think, I DONT KNOW hahaha give me some ideas...

-Ryan S- 1994 Chevy Z-71 TwoTone Navy/Silver, 33in BFG Mud Terrains. Custom Flowmaster Dual Exhaust. K&N system. Custom Kenwood/Rockford Fosgate system, two 12" Rockford HE subs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes ryan you can, but theres no way youre gonna get away with the 15x10s. youre gonna have to get some 15x8s with like 3 1/2" of backspacing. ask AJM how much backspacing he had and youre gonna need more! like you said, height isnt an issue, its the width. ive seen it done and it looks good but you need the tires to just fill up the wheelwells, NOT stick out (like mine). im pretty sure a guy on here said he ran them on 15x8s with 3 5/8" backspacing.

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like i'm the village idiot on the measurements ;) I didn't do the math, it was some webpage like www.tirerack.com or something.....hahaha thats my story and i'm sticking to it ;)
I guess I should change my signature to "32.8" Mud terrains" lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look here are the specs from a www.tirerack.com

285/75QR16 122/119Q D RWL
3305lbs.
65psi
19/32nds
7.5-9"
8"
11.8" -(tread width)
8.9"
33" -(diameter/height)
630 (rev. per mile)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
15 X 10 wheels just don't work. I put a 2" body lift on my 98 Z to get 33 x 12.50's on it with 15 x 10. I kept the air dam on and just trimmed it a little so I'm really not rubbing on regular driving. But that is with tires with some wear on them. Once I purchase new tires I might nip the corner of the bumper a little bit to accomadate light wheeling and no rubs. Actually from what I've read anyway, 15 x 10's really aren't all that good for IFS Chevy's. !5 x 8 are more recommended because the 15 x 10's just put a little too much stress on the front end and will wear out components faster.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please someone tell me why 15x10's won't work.I have 33x12.5 Bfg's on my 97'with 15x10 Centerline Hellcats and they dont rub anywhere. I dont remember the back spacing but when I bought them from 4Wheel Wholesalers they told me how much I would need. They do come close to the corner of the bumper but thats it.Im planning on going up to 36x14 after more lift and I dont think they will go on 8" rims very well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whitetail - you have a lift. i run 15x10s also but i too have a lift. ryan doesnt. thats why were saying he needs skinnier rims with more backspacing to avoid rubbing

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx man I was afraid you guys new something I didnt.The last thing I need is to find out down the road that I killed my suspension with wide wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, they say it causes more wear but to me, if i wear out some ball joints or something a few months earlier than normal, big deal. its not gonna be anything drastic though. the main concern with ryan is just clearance

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.