Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys wonderin if you could give me a range of worth on my jeep.I plan on getting a newer model maybe,probably the 90's.Ive got a 87 4.0 FI with 193k on it.The interior is almost perfect with no dents on the outside either,but of course it could use some paint.I have the tow package and Ive installed the tomken tow hooks. Tires in good shape and it runs good,but my driver side key entry isnt working so you cant lock it.If you do you have to climb around the pass.side.Oh yea,it needs a another trac-bar too.I was thinking maybe 2700?Whaddya think?

1 cross plus
3 nails
----------------
4 given /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
If only I wheeled as much as Im on this board/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
just to give you an idea i have an 88 pioneer. Power nothing. I bought it bone stock w/ 116k for $1600. It needed an exhaust. There was a dent in the pass door.

later,

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE extended slip yoke.
RE adj trackbar
Quadratec SS Brakelines
31" goodyear wrangler at's
Sway-bar disco's

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got power everything,ac and all that.I guess Ill just check the paper and see what others are asking.

1 cross plus
3 nails
----------------

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Good Luck in whatever you decide!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

I once considered selling my 86 2 door Pioneer with that kick a$$ 2.8 /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif and getting a later model with the NP 242 select trac but realized I would be selling my XJ whose problem areas I know for one that could have just as many age related problems. I would really be in the same boat and I would most likely have to pay more out for a newer model XJ. I might even have payments again. It didn't make sense, in my case. My Cherokee was paid off in 1991....it doesn't owe me a dime.

Instead, I've learned to embrace my almost 16 year old XJ's "character". It still is reliable, gets around off road great and still gets decent mileage....so what if it has a squeak here and there and a bit of blowby./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya,xjy.And I know about the vehicle personality we get from our xj's....Man,its a member of the family/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif.I guess honestly I can say that after changing tranny lines,radiator,brake boosters and such that a lot of times I find myself not really enjoying working on vehicles as much as I used to...kinda a spell of burnout I guess.Dont get me wrong,if Im wheelin and something breaks,Im on it rather quickly and dont mind regular maintenance.I just kinda want something a few years newer due to the age thing.I have 3 cars to maintain.Thats my problem I guess/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

1 cross plus
3 nails
----------------

G

·
Mine is an 88 4.0 power everything same miles and i bought it for $1500. But i would have paid more. SCRAM

The moment you are born you start to die so buy A Jeep and play hard!!!!!

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I'd say $2500 is perfectly fair. You could always start a little high, see if there are takers, then ease it down or wait for that guy to say, well, $2800 is a little much, would you go $2500?

'88 MJ SporTruck
365K on 2.5L (Energizer Bunny Package)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.