Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really, but anyway, when I bought my jeep she was fine with that. Until I brought home all of my extra parts today. I have about another CJ5 lying around in parts. All that I need is a body and a frame and I would be set!! Does anyone else have an extra jeep laying around in parts? Just so that I am not the only one.
Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're not the only one. Except mine isn't laying around in parts... yet. I just aquired another CJ-7 that's turning out to be not quite the 'goldmine in parts' that I thought it would be. Previous owner parked it in TALL WET WEEDS for a long time, so it looks okay from the outside but is a giant rustball underneith. (Not to mention there was an entire mouse subdivision going on in there). I don't think my Mom will care... but the local PD should be throwing a tow sticker on it any time!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Dont sweat it. I have 1/2 a YJ, a boat load of parts from my bro in laws tub swap project, and quarter panels from my 58 sitting in my trailer body. Then i have a complete 86 CJ sitting in a friends garage that me and bro in law just bought for some reason. Then there are the shelves inside my shop. Then i have a wercked 86 with just about nothing left to it sitting at a friends junkyard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a lot of spare parts yet, but I'm just getting started! I do have a spare tranny for just in case
lots of axle parts too. But I have noticed that once you get that first jeep it seems to be only natural that you need another one. Every jeep that I see for sale I have to stop to get a look at. My son and I were coming back from 8 hours of wheeling and its just starting to get good and dark and we see a 48' flattie off the road just a few hundred yards and in a barn. The next thing you know we're knocking on a door and asking to look at it. As I'm under hood I start to giggle (like a kid on a sugar high
), then I realize that I'm hooked and I should try and fine a support group to get a handle on this little obsession. Thats why I started visiting this board at first, trying to find help to get through this addiction, but all that the BBS has done so far is fuel it!!!!

"Hi, my names Steve, and I have a little problem……."

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, I have already found out that this is an obession. Being 18 I have a long time to be in this addiction. Now, even my girl is getting mad at me for spending more time with my jeep then her! This is going to be tough life!
Chris

·
Registered
214 Posts
NOOO PROBLEMMMM !!! Here's what I have laying around.
96 XJ totaled going to rebuild.
94 ZJ DD.
84 CJ-8 just picked up last week,rusty tub motor knocks a little,going to build it up.
79 CJ-5 plow Jeep Its sole purpose is to keep my drive way clean in winter and to donate part when it gives up.
79 CJ-7 carcass home to a good running 258.Pulled a T-18 out of it for
77 CJ-7 42000 miles clean almost rust free.It has a Q-Track now but it will be getting the T-18 and D-20.
72 Bronco,I know its not a Jeep but it has some good Jeep parts.Lower D-20 gears,Ford 9 inch.
67 CJ-5 that is a temporary resident until we get a new front end in it.
57 CJ-5 rusty but has complete stock drive train if anybody needs parts.
The front half of another 57 CJ-5 with a Buick V-6.
Plus 2 full sets of good XJ sheetmetal,6 trannys,7 T-case's,3 rear ends and 4 front ends and a couple of engines also.Plus a bunch of small stuff.
So don't worry you have a long way to go!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm with ya on the girlfriend thing...She pleasantly refers to my Jeep as the "Mistress". I have a habit of just finding Jeeps for sale when I am with the Girlfreind. She is always quick to say, "good now I can have a Jeep too." Then my comment about turning the wrench side by side in the garage, followed by her comment about my rules of the garage. IE No women allowed in the garage without a bikini, a tool belt, and a beer. Needless to say, I have one Jeep and many parts.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yep. I have a complete CJ-5 in parts lying around. I know the only thing missing is a good transmission. And this is after I complete the rebuild of the one I'm working on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive got AMCs like most of you guys have jeeps (hoping to aquire a 72 Cj-5 shortly)
84 Eagle Daily until the 999 ate reverse- project
81 Eagle, Beater Off roader (dont laugh) and service vehicle Shes ma' backup and has OBA
83 Parts car
85 Current daily
8? concord, purchased for the motor, we had planned to put the 258 into a frined jeep, but found that auto cransk dont bolt up to flywheels, hes got the motor ive got the car
82 Eagle, totaled- i decided this becuse if ound one of the fenderwells is cracked and the upper control arm rubs on teh sttering shaft (im working on puttin tube doors and Scout axles under it)
then theres the GM 250 thats lying around the extra 77 258. you get the idea.

Jesse

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, so now I dont feel as bad. Any way Frank, or anybody else, you wouldnt happen to have an extra Warn Od sitting around for a T-90. I do have an exra good T-90 if someone would be willing to trade for a Warn Od in good working order!
Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep an extra. Told you I had a whole extra jeep in parts!!! And I think the guy said that he had another sitting around somewhere and he was going to look for it. If he calls me I will let you know if you are interested.
Chris

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ya, I got lots of spare parts around too.
84 cj7 daliy drivers/play toy
76 stripped for parts
91 MJ
2 front axles, a t-5, t-4 and a t-18 parts tranny, 2 dana300's, 3 258's a 307 and metric tranny, a extera frame, amc 20, and on and on and on. some another jeeps is coming too.
Chad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.