If you are buying off the lot you have no choice. If you are ordering, you can get what you want.
If I were ordering:
1) would not get the lsd, cause I would put a real locker in.
2) would get the cheapest top. I have both hard top and factory soft top. Use neither.
3) would not get full doors. Only thing good about them is being able to roll the window down. Have full doors and they haven't been on my TJ in over a year. Just taking up room in my garage along with the hard top which hasn't been on in two years.
4) would get cheapest stock wheels and tires, because those too would be changed.
5) would not pay for factory fog lights. I have them, and they are not worth paying for, IMO.
6) would get factory tow hooks. They are better than aftermarket.
7) would not pay extra for center console. Spend the extra for a Tuffy after delivery.
8) A/C. I live in Houston. Really need a/c, right? I have it. I DON'T USE IT, because the TJ is virtually open to the wind most of the time. Hind sight? - Wouldn't have bought the a/c.
9) Factory radio? It's gone too. Have a $500 am/fm/sw/casset radio that I like much better.
10) Floor mats? Mine have about 500 miles on them. Took them out and put in Rhino Liner. Mats are also taking up room in my gargage.
Obviously some of these things are personal taste. When I bought the TJ was very happy with the full doors and hard top. After a few off road events, trying to do something with those heavy bulky things became more of a hassle than they were worth. - to me anyway. Currently have 2 piece BesTop soft doors, windjammer and the long bikini type top. Don't see changing them out. But must confess that on the highway the hard top and full doors make the vehicle a very nice, quiet machine, but, again - to me, the hassel isn't worth it. If I were driving back and forth to work, harder winters, family, long road trips etc, tops and doors might be more important.
Doug '97 TJ
Creator of the CBrack