Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK-the hummer/suburban is now inspected on ack on the road after a rebuild...got 39's on it now, but the 44's are getting balanced.....I think my jeep still has it by height, but the low profile of the humvee kit allows bigger tires with a moderate lift...now for some action pictures this weekend! ~~TIM~~ (it is the steel active power kit, no fiberglass) Painted in yellow durabak.

--->"Some people go through life thinking they hit a triple: But they were actually born on third base."

Attachments

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
I'm impressed... that's one nice kit! It'd be just the thing to tow my yellow CJ! Good Work.. give us more details of the kit, time to build, and the extras you needed to buy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started building it at christmas and it still needs alot of cosmetics and interior. the kit was 8,000 bucks from active power...I had to buy and build and put together all the mounts for the body. the engine is a rebuilt 50 chevy with about 100 miles on it now. sm465 tranngy with granny low and np208 tranfer case. I have a set of 39 inch mickeys for the road and 44 inch hawgs for mud. Bogenson steering shaft, seats from an audi and suzuki x-90. DVD player, 2000 watt inverter, microwave, 4 inch lcd in the front and a 19 inch tv in the rear. Sega game center in the rear. dual electric cooling fans.

Engine has flat top pistons, RV Cam and clevite bearings 30 over on the pistons...probably around 250 HP....but it moves pretty good. Jeep headlights and hood tie downs from a semi truck. The lights and hood are original military. The frame is a mildly mofified suburban. Wiper motors from a military jeep ( I am not sure the year, but pretty old)...upgraded alternator, and I will soon go to double alternators, with dual dry cell batteries. I got a roof rack that will accomodate 8 KCs in the making and a cool brush guard, steps, and full sized 44 inch spare tire holder that should be going on iun the next month....

...In short-a lot of work, but tons of fun....I only have about $13,000 into now.....lots etter than $100,000 for new one and its easy to work on and fix =)

Thanks for all the ineterest
~~TIM~~

--->"Some people go through life thinking they hit a triple: But they were actually born on third base."

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Here's a link to a good site of a regular guy (not an all-knowing mechanic type) building an urban gorilla. Man, this would be a fun project. /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

check it out.
http://www.mv.com/ipusers/rhino/

Pete

88 YJ - trails/beach trips only!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
79 4WD F250-hauler/tower of my toys
70 Jaguar E-type - the best car England ever made. /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
90 Honda CRX - Daily pavement-pounder. 42 MPG. /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That Thing is sweeeeeeet!!!! SCRAM

The moment you are born you start to die so buy A Jeep and play hard!!!!!

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Good job . That is so cool !!

Jeff

Summer is just around the corner /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...very good job...I have always believed in buying and building your own than to buy brand new and not know anything...

Mark (OIIIIO) Langmotorsports(business)
1977/CJ7/Glasstub/460ciFord/C6Auto/NP205/4"LIFT/33'S

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
very nice, my wife wants me to build her one! You know, just throw one together real quick /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
big ed

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,35's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

1 - 10 of 10 Posts