Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this problem before? My wife's '91 'Finder is in super shape with 182k miles (!) and has this annoying problem. First, they worked intermittently, then conked out altogether. The low fuel warning light still works, what do you guys think? It's the SEV6 model 4door, and wears a slight lift and 32's and looks and runs awesome. Too bad the new ones are kind of girly, and waaaaayyyyyy to expensive. Maybe an Xterra when this one gives up the ghost if it ever does, or maybe an engine and front solid axle swap to renew it for another decade-plus, if I had my way. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Sherm
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would say that the most likley cause for your fuel & temp gauge failure is the voltage regulator. I have replaced mine twice so failure of this part must be quite common. Its an easy repair but the instrument cluster must be removed as it is located on the back side of it. You can expect to pay around $30.00 for the new regulator at your dealer. Hope this helps...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have to agree with the above. the same happened on my old '92 Pathfinder and as i recall it was the Voltage Regular.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it not working or is it just out a bit? I agree with the above responses about the voltage regulator, but if it's just out try having it re-calibrated.
Just a thought?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Remember God forgives "ROCK'S DON'T" /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
check your fuse box . not the fuses (i am assuming you did that already) but the connections my hardbody did the same thing and after spending the 30 dollars it still would not work. come to find out the contact had weakened near the fuse. just want you to be sure before you spend cash. if this turns out to be the case you can mail me 15 and we will call it even. just kidding good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts