Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from one of my previous posts, i have had a problem with mumblys off road in clinton twp michigan. for anyone out there that has delt with this place, you have mostlikely had a problem too. a couple months ago i went to mumblys and ordered a front axle truss with skid plate. i was planning on going to silver lake the next weekend for the first time with my ramcharger. they said it would be in by tuesday, and tis was monday march 19. tuesday comes, and there is no truss. i figure give it a couple days and it will come. as of april 2nd, there was still no truss, 3 weeks after i was supposed to go to silver lake. it finally comes in the next week, and it doesnt come with any instructions or even in a box, it was just shrink wrapped. after putting this on, i went to silver lake may 11-13, and while there this truss snappes and bends my front axle pretty bad. this truss was guaranteed by mumblys to stop my axle from bending, over good sized jumps. as it turns out, the weld on the truss did not penetrate and just snapped right off. after i got home i took the truss back and mumblys said there is nothing they can do about it because it was my fault, but they would call the company, desert steel, and see what they say. that was may 15. it is now may 30 and i have not heard from them. i dont know if it is desert steels fault i havnt heard anything, or mumblys, but you would at least think the id*iots at mumblys would have the courtesy to call me and tell me that they havnt heard anything, rather then me waiting around for them. i dont know what to do, but i think either mumblys or desert steel should pay to get my axle fixed, since their product didnt do what it was supposed to. i think this was just mumblys trying to rip off a 16 year old that they think doesnt know. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. and sorry for the long post. thanks

when you own a dodge you dont need a hobby

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
89RC: sounds like the mumbo jumbo place is giving you some seriously bad service but as far as getting your axle replaced I think you're hosed. No way anybodys going to guarantee an axle to not break when you are jumping a vehicle. If you are really serious about jumping you better junk the Dana 44 and go with at least a seriously beefed Dana 60 and maybe some suspension modifications to prevent bottoming. No dimestore axle truss with bird**** for welds is going to prevent bending and breaking on a full size 4x4. I'd chalk up to a lesson learned and start studying vehicles that do jump successfully and get ideas from them.

Mudbooger

'84 W250... 360... 727... 5" of lift and a rear locker

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I have a 95 2500 that has had frequent flyer miles too and I have an axle truss on the front for my dana 60 from con-fer products. Its held up great except for the rod bending from rocks. My truck weighs 7300 pounds and it still hits hard even with dual shocks, I just need new bump stops since one fell out and the other one broke in half. They are skyjacker pieces, just wish they would last, I should get the hydrolic bump stops instead.
The company should refund your money and you should get a warranty paper from them to see what covered but collateral damage usually isn't covered but try anyway, what can you lose...
Keep calling them everyday, bug the hell out of them in front of there customers when your in there store, its pay back for your patience...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts