Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I christened my CJ-7 the other night and it is now covered in mud. Though I am a firm believer in the idea that jeeps are meant to be used for what they were designed for, I also enjoy the compliments I receive when the truck is sparkling clean. Short of a power washer, has anyone found a product or solvent that makes it easier to remove the heavy stuff under the body? This truck was a frame off resto, so I kind of get nauseous every time I look under it. Any tricks of the trade will be greatly appreciated, and then I won't feel so bad mudding it up once in a while.

G

·
Try a sprinkler underneath before you powerwash. It loosens everything up. Nothing loosens it up like a drive through 30" of water, but that could create other problems (not the least of which are "legal problems"). Guys try all sorts of stuff from tranny fluid to vegetable oil, PAM, WD-40, etc. They make stuff that the dirt-track stock car guys use called "mud off" or something like that. Could be worth a shot. Obviously, any of these things would have to be sprayed on BEFORE you get muddy.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

·
Registered
37 Posts
Couple things I've heard, but haven't personally tried:
1). Spray with Pam or other similar cooking spray before going out. Inside fenderwels, etc. Come home, gumbo just hoses off.
2). Put an oscillating lawn sprinkler under your CJ when you get home. Leave it on for awhile, it loosens stuff enough so that regular garden hose pressure will take off the rest.
HTH

Lynn
'71/'48/'97

G

·
Spray it with Pam. It works great and it has fewer calories. Don,t just spray the underside, spray all exposed metal.
Ellis

80 CJ5, 52M38

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.