Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a set of 35 12.50 Mud Kings for a good price. Just wondering if any of you guys (or gals) are running them and how you like them?
Good offroad, long lasting, noisy ect. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
i ran them on my toyota.. worked fine.. and a friend had them on his jeep.. they are estentially the same as the bfg, made by the same company, but the side walls are 2 ply less than the bfg. we never had a problem with them.

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

G

·
granted the sidewalls have one less ply, but i like them better than the bfg's because i think they have a more open tread design. the lugs seem to be farther apart and have more voids in between them...

'95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
33"s, snorkel, 1000+ RTI, Warn xd9000i

·
Registered
524 Posts
I run them on my CJ-7 and they have held up will w/mostly on road driving. I haven't had much chance to go offroading but they have worn well as a daily driver. Just wondering, what is "a good price"?
Thanks,
rich
77cj7304qtracth400, 31"MudKings

fratt

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I just picked up a set (5) 33x12.5's for $450 to run as "daily driver" tires on my Toy. 4 of them have about 3K miles on them, one has never been on the ground. 4 of them are actually Regal mud tires, the 5th one is the Mud King - exact same tread pattern - exact same tire.

I can't afford to run the 35x16 boggers every day, and I have been happy with the Mud Kings in the past.

Back when I had a pretty much stock Toyota, I ran a set of 31x10.5 Mud Kings for a little over a year.... they wore evenly, were great off road, and their road manners were comparable to BFG's or any other similar tread design.

I should have the tires mounted up on some steel wheels next week - I will gladly post back with how the larger size drives on the road (mainly interstate driving).

<a href="http://www.tennessee4x4.com/toyota">

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, seemed like a good price to me. $125, that is mounted, balanced and road hazard for 35 12.50 Mud Kings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts