Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading about the msd ignition in another post and i was wondering. in fact i went today to price one where i work i can get the distributor for $204 and i dont know about the coil for my 90tbi blazer i was wondering if this would be worth the money or not. i was also wondering about the holley replacement tbi if they are worth the money another guy that works their with me said you can also adjust the air mixture while inside the vehicle which would be nice if i decide to make a trip to colorado in the summer. i appreciate all the help you guys have given any more help is also appreciated. ps(my blazer has 342 gears how good are those)

the undertaker rolling in "BlackThunder"

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
3.42's are good for stock sized tires, which I think are 235's. Not too good for bigger tires, but they are Ok on mine with 33's. sorry, dont know about the mSD

90K5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i HATE my 3.42's and 33's its a horrible combo in my opinion. its actually the ONLY thing i dont like about my vehicle. in the hills it drives me nuts/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif and has done bad things to my weekly gas bill.
*note- this is all just my opinion from my own personal experiences.

everything's bigger in TEXAS!

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
3.42s are good up to 265/75R16s....i can squeal mine /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Shorts <-- It's not what you think /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif ...and don't ask what it is

'94 Chevy K1500, with stuff...needs more stuff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i think the thing that guy was telling you about was the holley projection which is like $1000 but you can adjust the richness from inside the cab. i know a guy who has this on his late 70s truck and when hes running on the highway he can lean it out and get 17mpg. works pretty good but i wouldnt replace the stock unit for a few mpgs. i would go to http://www.turbocity.com and look at their replacement injectors for the stock unit for a little performance and mpgs and are only like $100

Mike ~
* Earnhardt Forever *

89 Chevy K1500 - 350TBI/700R4/NP241 - 3" lift - 33's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hace a Jacobs Electronics Ignition System in my 98 Tahoe. My buddy runs an MSD system in his 95 Suburban. I would have gone with the MSD over the Jacobs had I known he had his before I put mine in. I haven't heard that many bad things about Jacobs though. I know some people who say it screwed up their computer, but it hasn't done anything to mine. I noticied an immediate increase in power when I put mine in. The get up and go, really got up and went. My mpgs increased and horsepower increased. Most importantly the low end torque increased. You can get a mod kit for the Jacobs system that will let you increase or decrease the sparks. My friend has one in his suburban with his MSD and when he gets a "bad" tank of gas, he can make it fire more sparks, getting better performance. I definitely recommend an ignition kit. You might want to try a Hypertech Power Programmer too. I hear those are great for resetting the computer to adjust to your mods. As soon as I save enough $$ I'm gonna buy one.

Bulldog

Life is funner with the Stone Cold Stunner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts