Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in a transfer to the Tucson region. I live just outside Phila. so this will be a huge change. I have been thinking about the Cochise county area. Anyone from that area have any suggestions? I reallyknow little about the area and need advice. It will be great to wheel some different types of terrain. May have to change my setup.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif76 CJ7, 21/2"susp 1" body lift, waggie D44 front and rear, 350cid, Quadratrac, 33" BFG's/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
How much notice should I give before showing up?? Can I just call when I get in the neighborhood?? I just need a corner to sleep in, and a garden hose to wash the jeep.

Good luck out west! I've never been... but from what pics I've seen....it's gotta be super.

DREW
IN2DEEP 78 CJ5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i live in tucson. where are you going to work- what do you do? cochise county is a ways from tucson. going to commute every day? have you been here before? county seat is in bisbee- real cool old mining town. i go there sometimes to research survey records at the county recorder's office. douglas is on the us/mexico border. sierra vista and fort huachuca(army) are in cochise county. i have worked in these town/cities surveying. lots of open space to wheel!

steve
87yj,6cly,5spd,NP231,4.5"RE susp,1" body,SYE,CV,32x11.50MTR's,D30,D35posi

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Lived near scottsdale myself back in 96 and let me tell you it was HOT! Got of the plane in sky harbour and it was 87 degrees in january! Never wore pants while i was down there, and boxers will save you some greif. Advice? Make sure you get a place with a/c but i dont think its legal to rent a unit without it??.... The best most surrealistic sunsets on the planet occur there. Its amazing really. Congratulations on the move, im jealous.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I am a supervisor for the Postal Service. I heard it would only be around a 30min commute from Cochise, thatis pretty much my limit. All are welcome. There will be plenty of corners and a long garden hose./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif76 CJ7, 21/2"susp 1" body lift, waggie D44 front and rear, 350cid, Quadratrac, 33" BFG's/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the closest town in cochise county is benson at about 45 miles from downtown tucson. i work with a guy in my department that commutes from there. it's a little higher elev so a little cooler but no snow in winter except flurries and an occasional couple inches.

steve
87yj,6cly,5spd,NP231,4.5"RE susp,1" body,SYE,CV,32x11.50MTR's,D30,D35posi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.