Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you install this set up, what do you do to the rear of the vehicle and can I still install a lift kit to the set up??

97 TJ 31's and mostly stock but seeing what I can do about that..

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
You don't do anything to the rear of the vehicle. The farthest back you go is the rear "spring hangers" you are replacing with the buggy spring set up. This does not affect your ability to do a lift in the future.

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds reasonable, I am thinking of getting the kit to put on my cj-7 has anyone had any experience with them.. It will be a project for next winter, but looking into it now.

Is it worth the money??

97 TJ 31's and mostly stock but seeing what I can do about that..

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
When I did my SOA I bought the SRS buggy kit since it was only about $75 more than the standard SRS. It bolts on and gives about 2" extra droop. This kit only goes on the front and can be used with a lift kit. The older SRS kits from MORE do lift an additional 1". They do now offer a stubby kit that doesn't raise that extra inch. With the SRS buggy kit and flexy springs, it can be real easy to use all the slip on your front shaft real quick, I ended up getting one of the extreme slip shafts from AZ drivelines.

pbm
74 cj5,304,t18,2.46 ts d20,30f,44r,soa,MORE buggy front,35's,Rci's,5pt,full cage,air,etc.
78 J10,360,727,d20,44f,44r,35's,4" lift,etc.
Support Search and Rescue.......Get Lost!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts