Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some more detailed pics of the M-37.

This is the interior as it stands today.
Lots of work ahead of me. /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

TX 4X4 club Arlington Chapter

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a pic from the front since I have taken the snow plow attachment off.
I think it looks better now.

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is one of the shocks.
These things are HUGE!!!!!
They are 3.5 to 4 inches in diameter!! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

You can also see that the frame is virtually rust free.
Ahhhh, what a life in Arizona can do for the life of a truck. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
You better stensil the correct lettering on the dash.

Restoring it or moding it?

Do you think insurance will cover the carb if it some how "teleports" behind the tires of a 350 with dualies?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the motor with no carb or air cleaner.
Also missing are the plug wires.
I like the looks of a flathead motor for some reason. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Inferno, I guess I would have to say we are mostly restoring it.
There is not a whole heck of a lot to do to it.
It already has SOA, Beefy axles, 5.83 Gears, stout tranny and x-fer case, decent motor.
No need for lift.........it has 35's on it and there is plenty of room to go to 38's or 40's.
I guess the two big things I need to do are install power brakes and power steering.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Yeh that flat head is one trouqey sob too.A friend of mine has a 62 power wagon and they are somewhat the same truck. I think vintage powerwagon sell parts for the m37's also. They are one mean ride.

Sorry about the first post i read your post wrong the first time.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

G

·
Hey Red,
I love it!!! From the pics, I didn't see one piece of plastic at all. You are one lucky man. BTW, I have a friend in the Forrest Service and he told me that the biggest mistake they ever make was to get rid of their M37s and change over to modern pickups. Your baby is definitely a diamond in the not so rough. Please keep us all posted. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

William
1980 CJ7 258 Holley EFI / Mallory Unilite/ Dana 44F ARB / AMC20 1-piece Detroit / T-98A tranny / D300 / Ramsey RE10,000lb / ARB Snorkel

·
Registered
490 Posts
You know, I think I saw this thing on an old episode of the A-Team. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif What a cool truck!! Best of luck with it!

"We're gonna need a bigger boat." --Jaws

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Hey Redbeard, if you every tire of the project give LEVE rights to buy it first! Plllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeee! It brings a tear to the eye just lookin' at it. Gosh it's purdy!

G

·
First Joey's post and now this, what a great day. Joey has learned important lessons, and you are lucky enough to have what is possibly one of the /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifcoolest/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif trucks on the planet. Whatever you do, keep that thing OD Green. I don't even think it will run right if it is another color, except maybe red. I am so jealous. I am going to have to repent for being so covetous. Like Leve said, "gosh its purdy". Keep us posted.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts