Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i've got this nice almost new offy intake sitting on the living room floor. I have a bunch of fuel injection crap spread around the rest of the living room floor. When i finally amass all of the junk that i'm gonna need do i bother with the offy intake? is it going to make any difference at all? This is a dual plane offy intake on a 78 258, header, msd, tr. Just having trouble deciding if i want to get rid of it or not since a few people have mentioned that the intake wont make any difference. guess i'm just trolling for more opinions. thanks,

-web

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would think that it would still make a difference. It still has to carry the fuel/air mix from the place it was mixed (throttle body, i.e.: Howell) to the cylinders. Even in port injection, the size and shape of the intake runners have a big impact on how the engine performs. Why do you think the Corvette has such an elaborate intake runner setup when it is TPI? The size/volume/shape of the runners dictates how much air can get into the cylinder at what RPM. A dual plane (individual runner) intake will improve your low end torque at some sacrifice of high end horsepower, regardless of where or how the fuel enters the picture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.