Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While tackling some light trails yesterday, I was fortunate enough to run by a beautiful maroon CJ-5 with a moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif on its antenna (including a 10 gallon hat, I believe...)/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif When I yelled out "MOONGUY!" on my way past them... all I got from the CJ-5 were blank, quizical, perplexed, annoyed (ok, I made the annoyed part up/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif) stares! (mostly from my wife.../wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif) but still!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

These guys were sporting Senor Walmart and didn't even know they were advertising for the BBS... or did he, and the CJ-5 owners didn't like a YJ saying hi???/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

BTW: This was my first run on the 33x12.5s BFG mud-terrains. I was less than happy with their performance in loose sand... I think it was TOO much bite! /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

At least I got muddy! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Jon - YJ94
http://www.obsessiveoffroad.com
Drive it till you break it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey John,

It was an overnight trip to Gorman. There were TONS of Jeeps up there!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I think there might have been a club...

I did my first true night run... me in the lead. I felt lost at all times, even though I know Gorman pretty well. /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif Earlier in the day I ripped the alarm remote off my key chain (to my alarm). During the night run, the alarm automatically reset during a break./wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif I was flipping out! /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif There I was, in the middle of nowhere (well, about 30 miles from my house)/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif... pitch black... 4 or 5 miles from camp... no Jeep... no remote./wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif I was about to send some compadres back to camp for the remote, but the alarm reset, and (luckily) I was able to override it from inside. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

LIFE LESSON: Always bring a spare set of keys/remote. Leave them in the center console (unlocked!)/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif That could have been much worse... Total rookie mistake... sorry Brad/EC, etc!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Jon - YJ94
http://www.obsessiveoffroad.com
Drive it till you break it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mud??? in Gorman??? you're kidding me. It was Bone dry last time I was up there. Hmmm..... i do need to get out to Wal-Mart to get myself a Moonguy.
Later
BJ

to hell with it, lets go wheelin'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.