Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Yesterday, Jeepchick came home from Wal-Mart with three little moonguys that look exactly like the ones on the BBS and said: "Here's your new crew!" I almost died laughing./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif They DO look just like them./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifThey're supposed to be antenna balls./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Cool!! I'll have to stop at Wally-world and see if our store has 'em. Are they tennis-ball size Dave? Would be pretty cool to have a moonguy anti-whack-whack on the CB antenna./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif (..."anti-whack-whack" is the official name for the device that stops the "whack-whack" of a typical fiberglass CB antenna hitting your hard top..." - saw that one on someone's web site...) /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks for sharing that technically intense information Dave... /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMT,9kwinch,homemade swingout,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI,one moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
What kind of expression do they have? /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif? /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif?

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Hey Dave/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Those moon guys are my crew. They took on the work for extra money at Xmas and they liked it so much, they stayed on!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

G

·
All of us on the bbs should go and get these. We could start our own club like the "bad boyz club", we could be the moon guys club. We could recognize members of the bbs with these. Just a silly thought.

Cut to shape, hammer to fit, paint to match /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Project '51 willy's total rebuild /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
630 Posts
Do they have the little whiskers just like you, Dave?

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Just thinking about moonguys ('cause I'm wicked bored today at work)... and I'm thinking... "Where in Wally-world do I go to look for these?"

"...umm...yes, can you point me to the moonguy section please?" /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

"...ummm.... yes, can you tell me if you have yellow moonguys?" /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMT,9kwinch,homemade swingout,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI,one moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Anti- Whack-Whack! I'm still laughing about that...

That isn't a bad idea for being able to identify members of the news group.
It's not any worse than the clown ball I had on my Cad forever....
Ever seen a new Cad with a clown ball on the cellular phone antenna, and a Grateful Dead sticker on the bumper, it's me....
The old jeep has no identifying marks, just primer and dents...
Oh, I forgot about the bullet hole. There is a bullet hole in the right side just behind the door. I left it at a party one night, ant that happened. It must have been a deer slug, cause the hole is big enough for champagne cork...
Glad I wasn't there at the time...

Later, Aaron.

When a fool and a wise man argue, Onlookers can't tell the difference...

G

·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifHay it would be no different then the Jeep-L/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifguys with that little fury thing./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Heh heh....the moonguys were in the auto parts area....Jeepchick was looking for some anti-crud windshield spray when they pounced on her. They are golf ball size, feel like a tennis ball, are .99 each. I took a sharp knife and carefully scraped the little dimples off one of 'em and made a sort of wink moonguy expression by using a tiny liquid ink pen to creat a semi-open mouth, inking it as though I was making a tatoo. The stock ball is a single-line mouth with a dimple mark each end./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif They are a kick to look at!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Geez Dave! Modifying the moonguys already?!?! /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif You can't leave anything as it comes out of the box, can you? /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Pete/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif I'm afraid that has been the case since I flipped the frame over on my tricycle./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
I think STOMPERWILLY has a great idea!!!

I going down to WalMart tomorrow and buy one of those MOONGUYSfor my aerial. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
sounds like a plan, i need something to replace the wifes jack ball that is on their now. i hope the lame ass wally world by me has some.

dan

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.giflet it snow/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Well guys, My Wally-world had ONE moonguy on the rack - that was the only one I could find!! $0.97. I had to enlarge his hole so he would fit on my fiberglass CB antenna (no jokes, please/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif). I also made the mouth thicker with a permanent marker - so it looks more like a moonguy.

Man, the things I'll do to get through the winter.... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Pete - member of the Moonguy team.

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
I found a couple of the antenna balls shaped like Taz heads at the WB store. I bought both of them, one
to use as a master to cast shifter balls. I had also found some Taz key rings to use for dash knobs and
a plastic Taz toy that talked. I took the talking Taz apart and used the front for the horn button and the
talking chip will be amplified for the horn (says three things, including "You make Taz angry").

Coincidentally, just 15 minutes ago an episode of Night Court aired where they called Christine (Markie
Post, drool) a "Goody-two-shoes". When she claimed she wasn't, they countered by pointing out that
she had happy face hub caps on her car.

Does this give you any ideas for the SNOJEEP, Dave? I especially like the hub cap idea.

__/____
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif----/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I'm enlarging the wisker-faced moonguy from the Jeep News magazine and having it laminated so we can post it in one of the side windows of the hardtop. That wisker moonguy is a panic!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
There is a company here on the coast which packs and ships melons, and the office manager looks JUST LIKE Markie Post. One problem.....she has DOCTORS for breakfast.....has married and divorced about four of 'em./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif Their resistance is negligible when faced with a chick like her, and they all fall into the same trap $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$....well, you get the idea./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
You guys must all live in my area. I went to Wally-World last night and couldn't find any of the moonguys. Now I am on a missions to find me a moonguy.

I like the Taz toy thing too. Taz is the best. Next is Daffy. If you get that shifter nob thing going, you need to let us know. I would buy a couple from ya. I need to find a way to do a Taz mural on the hood of my jeep. One where he is coming out of a spin.

Cut to shape, hammer to fit, paint to match /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Project '51 willy's total rebuild /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
I did the Taz breaking through sheetmetal thing on the hood (even though the hood is fiberglass), I did
the spinning Taz low on the fenders behind each front tire with a dust cloud kicked up behind him all
along the rocker panel. I'll get some photos and scan them in, I'm not ready to pay the price for a digital
camera yet.

I wasn't making the Taz knobs to sell, but I can cast a couple extras if it works out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.