Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Minimun lift for 33\'s

Would 4' of suspension lift be a bit harsh for just running 33' tires for mostly street use? So far I've gotten talked out of using 35's for the street, and now am considering a new set of 33's ( but narrower than the 12.5's I have now). Would a 2.5 or 3' suspension lift be plenty enought to run 33's with no problems? Anyone have a used set of springs for sale that would be perfect for me to use? Anyone need a used set of 4' unknown brand springs (they are painted and I can't tell what brand name they are)? Thanks

Chad
80 CJ7
84 CJ7

Still looking for used parts for my 84 CJ project, list is at link below
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/boulevard/9920/usedjeepparts.html

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts
Re: Minimun lift for 33\'s

i think you'll need more than a 4 ft lift to fit 33 ft tires. sorry, couldn't resist.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I used to run 33x12.50's on what I beleive is stock suspension and had some rub. If I go 2.5 I can easily clear 33. Not that it matters, but I have an '81 scrambler.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Chad, if you do any real wheeling you will need a 1" body lift with a 2.5" lift. I am currently running a 2.5" lift, 1" M.O.R.E. body lift and ConFerr 3/8" longer shackles. My fornt tires at full compression with the sway bar disconnected miss hitting by just a little bit, but it works for me, and I don't exactly do easy trails.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.