Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put some mile marker 104 hubs on my blazer a couple of weeks ago and just now got to asking a question about them they come with an o ring on them that fits in this grove on them but when i tried to put it into the hub it kept sliding back and wouldnt stay in the groove so i let it slide back and let it seal btwn the hub and the lockout is this ok. also on the lockouts it says not to put any grease on them why is this. any help is appreciated.

I'm Sooner Breed!!!! Sooner Born!!! and when I die ill be Sooner Dead!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had the same problem with mine. Had to take brake clean to the hub surface and o-ring to clean and degrease (to make the o-ring less likely to slide on the hub), then greased the inside of the rotor housing, so the o-ring would slide on that. You may need new o-rings if they have gotten stretched (you can use the regular GM ones that came on factory manual hubs even if they were originally Warns). This should work. The reason why you don't grease the hubs themselves is because too much grease will keep the mechanism from engaging. The grease is to lightly coat the internals to prevent rust. Too much grease (especially when cold), will prevent/slow down the mechanism from engaging.

If you didn't built it yourself, how can you call it yours.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts