Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of used Mikuni side drafts on a whim and have since decided to go with a 1.6-16v with EFI instead. The carbs are CLEAN, in good condition and have approx 3000 miles on them. I'd like to get $350.00 for them. They include the intake manifold and everything else to hook them up. These are reputes to give you between a 20% and 25% increase in horse power! I have all instructions. Let me know if you're interested. If no response, they'll go on my Sami engine til I put the new 1.6 in.

Give it to me; I'll break it.

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Pauly - You use the original Samurai housing.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...

· Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tim! I thought the same housing was used but having never installed a set of Mikunis I wasn't sure.

Give it to me; I'll break it.

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Glenn from RRO said that Mikuni of So. Californis has the parts. I haven't had time to do anymore research yet. I am going to buy a smaller size set on venturis to choke the carbs down slightly (might get a little more torque out of the engine that way), some idle jets, and a rebuild kit for down the road. I have been very happy with the carbs, they are easy to tune, and I have had no problem with them off road at angles. I will be building a plentum and snorkel for them this summer. The carbs do sit lower than the stock carb - to the bottom of the valve cover. Glenn said it is really easy to gulp some water during crossings and destroy your engine.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.