Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I am looking for a 240v Mig welder around the 180 amp size for welding repairs. It will be for occasional use rather than serious work every day. One of my Herdsman is handy at welding and has used his own 120 amp Mig welder but it's not up to the job for some of the stuff we need to weld. He doesn't fancy using our 45 year old Max Arc stick welder!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did my research before buying this amazing Weldpro 200AMP welder and found that it had all of the features that are now expected of the new Multiprocessor welders but it does it all a little better and gives the operator a lot of choices with no confusion. It is easier to use as the welding parameters are clearly defined and 10% above or below those selections are easy to access.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are allot of nice inverter welders out there. I paid $1200 for one an used it around shop for 3 or 4 years. Then it just died, still had a pound of wire on original spool of wire. A new board was $1000 plus labor. I would only buy a name brand like miller or forney , Hobart etc that you can get parts. Check with your local repair shop and ask which ones they can fix. I ended up buying a old Miller 250 with a bad board for 300. Paid 500 for a rebuilt board (they can be repaired)and 300 for new torch and it is a dream welder.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I’m in a similar boat. I need to do some welding but the old stick box I have lost it’s plug so I have no way to hook it up.
It was a commercial farmer’s welder but it sat since his wife passed on and he fell apart. I didn’t have time to work on the tractor I bought (guy I sold it to had it running in 5 hours of maintenance) and this will be the same I think.

Hi ,
I am looking for a 240v Mig welder around the 180 amp size for welding repairs. It will be for occasional use rather than serious work every day. One of my Herdsman is handy at welding and has used his own 120 amp Mig welder but it's not up to the job for some of the stuff we need to weld. He doesn't fancy using our 45 year old Max Arc stick welder!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts