Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
McCain just kicked Bushs\' butt in SC polls...

The polls have McCain dead even or ahead of Bush in South Carolina, and he just got a fresh 3/4 million of donations today.
New York is still trying to keep McCain off of the ballots in that state.
We haven't had an Honest to God war hero as President since JFK.

Just reporting facts, not taking sides, don't need any hate mail....

When a fool and a wise man argue, Onlookers can't tell the difference...

G

·
Re: McCain just kicked Bushs\' butt in SC polls...

I'll take sides--I hope McCain kicks Bush's stupid ass (sorry, I just can't handle the thought of that brat being President). I think that McCain has a better shot at winning the General Election. Who do you really want leading the country: a spoiled brat coke-head who's gotten this far based on name recognition, or a take-no-$hit war hero who actually has some morals. By the way, I heard a sad commentary on the Republican party intellect the other day. When Bush Jr. supporters were polled as to why they are supporting him, 25% of those asked replied "Because of the way he handled the Gulf War.../wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif(we need a babbling idiot moonguy!)" Makes me glad to be an Independant (leaning to the right of course/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif).

G

·

I live in AZ, the state McCain is from. I figured I'd just throw in my 2 cents. I like what I've heard him say so far. However, and this is just something to keep in mind, it has been said (by the media which you can never trust anyway) that he is LEFT of Bush on many issues. I don't know enough about his political views to say with any certainty what that means and look forward to hearing more of his beliefs before making my decision. One thing is for certain though-WE ALL NEED TO GET OUT A VOTE THIS TIME!!!
Take care,
Sean

·
Registered
1,491 Posts

i just heard(10:00, 4th) McCain is ahead by 5%, (was behind 20%)in S.C.
I''ve been watching alittle TV and the media and it seems to be more for McCain than against
of course who ever gets the best/most press will win!
(if they catch Bush with his "spoiled kid, sad puppy, this ain't suppose to happen to ME" face, then show it alot he'll be done.)

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

G

·

According to the morning paper here in San Diego, McCain is now on the New York ballot.

Gary

G

·

It doesn't matter if this guy was a war hero, that was 30 years ago. He agrees with Clinton on taxes, on tobacco, on campaign finance reform, on big government. This man is not a conservative, and he is not a Republican.

War Hero be damned! He is a left winger. If you want another 4 years of the same thing from the federal government, vote for him. I for one will not. If he gets the nomination, I vote for an independent!

Doesn't it scare you that the national media like him? Ask yourself why!

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Glad to hear he made the ballot in New York.
I'm former military, and I don't believe there is a better test of ones metal than combat.
I know it's a tired cliche, but,
'COMBAT WILL SEPARATE THE MEN FROM THE BOYS'.
I like the fact he doesn't take ANY crap from ANY BODY. The press included.

Just reporting the facts, I don't need any hate mail...

When a fool and a wise man argue, Onlookers can't tell the difference...

G

·

I'm going to have to go with Deadeye. While military service is one of the most noble and honorable pursuits around, it doesn't necessarily mean you're excempt from vice. As far as I can see, they're all politicians. I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet, but I know that I am going to vote... mainly becuase Iwant to be able to whine with impugnity after the next president turns out to be a chode. :)

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!

·
Registered
213 Posts

Don't forget the major mental test of McCain's life...He spent a good deal of time in the hanoi hilton as a POW...That is worse than anything any of us can ever expect us to go through...

Josh Lavalleur
'70 CJ5 4.3L V6
D27 & D44 axles
T-14 3-speed, D18 XC, Warn OD

G

·

i see deadeye is a mancowholic...anyway, mccain, bush, and the lot of em are all the same...they may have voted one way or the other, brought up a bill you dont agree with, whatever...the fact is they are all fundamentally conservative, and all the conservative intrest groups (nra, free speech, etc)dont like mccain b/c of the reporting of votes bill..which was brought up to get congressmen to vote theyre mind instead of being blackballed, but the downside is you dont know what the political rash voted for on the bill your following...i just wish theyd outlaw a 2 party system and make people vote for platform of the individual..anyway, thought id blow off some steam...AND its been explained to me that mccain is being liked by the media because they feel he is not as electable as bush (also heard of a democrat plan to make bush loose by registering republican

Scott,

·
Registered
630 Posts

The media is up to their old tricks. Make the underdog look good to take attention away from the leader, and get THEIR man (the Democrat) elected.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

·
Registered
6,394 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Never, EVER, believe ANYTHING the media says. They are totally pro-democrat, pro-liberal, pro-homosexual, pro-commie, and ANTI-AMERICAN! The media moguls would just LOVE to see campaign finance rules which would PREVENT republican candidates from buying media time. That way, all the free media time goes to....yep, you guessed it....the LIBERALS./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Not only do you need to vote....you DON'T want to squander your vote on an independent (AS MUCH as some of us would LIKE to) because that is EXACTLY how the scumbag got his worthless ass in the white house to begin with, and thus began the real downfall of this once-great country./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
934 Posts

I am from AZ like Sean, and have met with McCain. We have been fighting these restrictions for about 5 years now, and he has been a great help.

One more thing to remember while casting your vote for an Independant, while you may agree with their views, they would have more trouble working with the Republican controled House and Senate.

I have to admit if McCain gets in, we here in AZ will have an advantage, all the user groups are getting linked up and are able to get our word to him.

Just my .02 cents worth.

DaveAZ

·
Registered
900 Posts

I don't post often, but I will completely agree with CJDave as to why clinton was elected in the first place. I had a lot of conservative friends that voted for Perot and ended up helping clinton get lucky (in becoming elected that is).

When the majority of the country believes that our leaders don't have to have morals we are on a sure path to worse things.

Don't vote Independent to make a statement....you will only hurt the party you lean toward (hopefully the 'right' one).

-raymo

·
Registered
370 Posts

McCain is one of the "Keating Five" which is a group of five senators who took campaign contributions from someone trying to inluence the investigation of corrupt S&L's. His current call for campaign finance reform may be an attempt to divert attention from his past. He should be trying to reform the process where labor unions take members funds for use as politcal contributions. What good is reform anyway when all you have do to is return illegal contributions after your elected, without any meaningful penalties.

I don't know much else about McCain since he didn't campaign in my state (IA). I do think Bush has the best chance of beating Gore, I'm not sure McCain can. I voted for Keyes in the primary (caucus) and will vote for whoever the Republican nomiee is in the general election.

jerry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.