Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking over a Miata in the parking lot the other day when I decided the seats would do real nice in a Samurai. They're narrow, available in leather, sit relatively low, appear to have even tracks, etc...

Has anyone done or thought about a Miata seat swap?

Give it to me; I'll break it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm planning on using miata seats. A friend of mine had a miata and the seats are VERY comfortable. I you look around, many of the seats available have speakers built right into the headrest!

"Reality goes on without me!"

G

·
Pontiac Fiero seat have speakers built into the head rest and should be a little cheaper to purchase.

G

·
but would the fiero seats be able to swap in there? i guess anything could be swapped in as long as you have the right tools (Duct tape bahahaha) and know what your doing

~Goot
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Yah it stinks and is giving you a headache it's a desil

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Capn - You can drop just about any kind of small/compact car seat into a Samurai. It is just a matter of making the brackets. When you get into the mid-sized cars is when you start running into width problems. I actually like the Porsche 914 seats. I use to have a set in black leather. I might start looking for another if I don't drop in a set of RCI's before then.

87' Samurai/1.6 Tracker/40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/shackle lift/CJ-Sami springs/Cross over steering/4" Pitman arm/31x13.50 TSL-SX/Pumpkin caps/Roll cage and bumpers in progress...

·
Registered
829 Posts
i'm in the process of putting rx7 seats into my sami, looks like a fairly straight forward swap

SIZE DOES MATTER 85 LWB 31'S LINCOLN LOCKER RR,CTR FORCE DUAL FRICTION, CUSTOM BUMBERS & GAS TANK PLATE, SPOA BOBBED 6 INCHES CUSTOM SPORT CAP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.