Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that new frames have been a populer question as of resently. I've been talking to Matkin about there frame and their coil spring suspension with it and it sounds interesting. Has anyone dealt with Matkin? How is their customer service and frames? I don't think anyone has the coil spring suspension on yet since they have only made 3 and are working on their fourth. However if anybody has it what is it like. Any info would help. Thanks.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've e-mailed them a couple of times and just called them today and they quoted me $3795 for coils all around and $2995 for coil fronts and YJ springs in back. Both of these includes their level 2 frame. If you use different axles than stock they charge $100 per axle to custom make the axle trusses. For the RES quick disconnect it an extra $295, but the kit comes standard with regular disconnects. They charge $15 for uninstalled moter mounts and $50 to have them installed. They will sell you the kit or they will install it for $800. The ADA is 22.5 and different axles, tires, and wheelbase all affect the RTI. On the CJ5 it required a CV joint or a drop t-case. They are working on a CJ7 now and the RTI will be even better than the 5. I'm not sure about the driveshafts in the 7 however. The suspension gives a total of about 5.5 inches of lift, but with coils each coil is adjustable 2-3 inches for heavier equipment. I would still like to know more info about customer service and what their frame is like if any body knows. Thanks

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.