Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all Maryland Suzuki Samurai owners. I was thinking about a day to work on our trucks one weekend. Capn.Crunch I know that you are getting ready to SPOA your truck and were looking for help. I have a welder and a garage, and an array of other tools that can be used. If anyone else in the Balto. Metro area would like to get together at a location that suits everyine. Let me know.
ROB

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Well there is you (robzuk), me (zoomy4), lav25, Capn_Crunch, MASS, and a couple others from the Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland area that could converge in one place. Sounds like the makings of a Mid Atlantic Fab Fest! The Northern/Southern Baltimore area sounds like a good location. Lav25 and I would be about 1 to 1-1/2 hour away and that would not be that bad of a drive for some of the Southern PA guys. There are also some others not on the BBS that would attend. Benjamin Burch from Anapollis might come (the guy who makes the diamond plate interior kits), plus lav25 knows a couple zuk guy's in his 4x4 club. Where exactly do you live?

Tim Martin
87' Samurai, 1.6L, Calmini 40mm Mikunis, Pacesetter header, 2" exhaust, MSD 6AL ignition, 5.5" SPOA, 1" shackle lift, CJ-5/Samurai springs, 31" High-Tec retreads.

· Registered
2,323 Posts
Good for you guys-make it happen.Mid Atlantic Fab Fest-I like the sound of that,good luck,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM

· Registered
2,812 Posts
I'm in! I could use all the help I can get. I just got a KILLER deal on an engine so I DEFINATELY need the SPOA before I can do the swap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in the south side of Belair. That invitation is open to anyone that is close enough. I'm near the PA line and Delaware isn't too far either. My neighbors will love me but they don't pay my property taxes !!!!! And I don't give a rats patooty what they think anyway!!
ROB

· Registered
3,477 Posts
thats the spirit rob, dont worry bout what they think. if you give enough advance warning, i
MIGHT
be able to make it. things are tight and will be for a while, but it is only one day drive for me. would have to head out sunday morning though. like i said, its a maybe. keep us up on details here. it would be good to see lav25 again, meet zoomy, capncrunch n the rest of the bunch on here too.
HOPEFULLY MAYBE!!!!
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

· Registered
3,477 Posts
WHOOPS fellers, we got a problem already. really dont think it would be a good idea for me to attend. i believe maryland has laws against people like me, so it might not be such a good idea../wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gifhahahaha
BiLLy bOb

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Ever since they past that law, people like you need to be registered with the county... besides, you wouldn't know how to act seeing that we have indoor plumbing and all!

By the way BillyBob, is this your verion of the Porta-John?

Tim Martin
87' Samurai, 1.6L, Calmini 40mm Mikunis, Pacesetter header, 2" exhaust, MSD 6AL ignition, 5.5" SPOA, 1" shackle lift, CJ-5/Samurai springs, 31" High-Tec retreads.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just might be able to make that one myself!
Keep me up to date, and I'll see what I can do!
R/T

If you've never been scared, you've never been wheelin'!

· Registered
378 Posts
Well a Fab Fest in Md sounds great and would be an excellant opp for all us MD Zookers to meet and see whats going on and where to do. For those of you who dont go or know there is a big event in Winchester Va at Big Dogs in June (8-10) awesome wheeling and a really good time I would strongly suggest you guys try to attend. They are also holding an all Suzuki event in September.

Billy Bob it would be good to wheel with you again also I would like to see how your vehicle is after all the mods. I will be headed back down to the hills of Tenn sometime in June so we will have to hook up and wheel again. Since I pass your house on my way to Knoxville I could stop by and wheel at some of your local spots then we can head off to Tellico.

You guys decide when/where and I will try to be there. I am leaving the country again on the 12th to head to Turkey and Germany for work for 2 weeks, but will be back by memorial day.

"Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon!"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well guys start throwing some dates at me I'm open for just about anytime. I am waiting for spoa parts myself. LAV25 if you have a beltfed I have a place to go test out the weapon and I might just be able to scare up a WWII relic myself. And I also have a place to go stretch a spring or 3.
ROB

· Registered
378 Posts
Hey Robzuk

No belt fed, but a ammo eating class 3 mag fed. I blew my Belt Fed money on the ZUK. But am always willing to let some lead fly!

· Registered
3,477 Posts
hows bout toward the end of august sometime? july is zukimelt, october sometime is fall zuwharrie. kinda split the difference. give time for planning too.

lav25, let me know when you come down man. still got my number? im a lil over a hour away from I-81 at the "morristown" exit. not much hard wheelin here, more scenic than anything. be glad to have you here though. got tons of trails. if you dont mind scratches, can make a 75 mile loop n touch the same trail for only 300 yards or so. a hellova days ride.
later
BiLLy bOb

· Registered
378 Posts
Hey BB

I havent nailed down a month on when to come down. I am trying to go to the Zukimelt this year. It all depends on my work travel schedule. Fall is bad cause I am in the woods hunting on my free time. But I will see. I will keep you informed. You gonna try to come up to Winchester Va for the Big Dogs in June. Its a great time you should try to make it.

· Registered
3,477 Posts
zukimelt huh? that would be cooool. hope you can make it. just let me know when you come down man. dont know about the big dog thing. where do i get info on it?
BiLLy bOb

· Registered
3,477 Posts
OH GREAT AND WISE ROB, those dates sound good to me, will mark my calanders at work monday if i can actually remember.
BiLLy bOb

· Registered
511 Posts
Hey, Count me in. I live in Southern Maryland. Its always a pleasure to mingle with other sammi owners.
My zuki is fixing to go under the wrench for a while as I do a lift and engine swap, but, it should be done long before the meeting.
(**my first post here**)

"Reality goes on without me!"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.