Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currie - I just put on the Currie big tie rod and drag link on my Rubi. The joint where the drag link attaches to the tie rod is too close to the steering damper mount - you can't turn to the right. I had to bend the mount out of the way then make a new mount in a different location. Even then the grease fitting's too close - have to leave it off.

I called them - one guy talked to another about it - they essentially said "we've sold lots of them - never heard of that - leave the grease fitting off." Attitude was "who cares!"
If the tie rod was bent only another 5 degrees, it would fit easy. The guy didn't even want to listen!!!
No more Currie junk for me.

ARB - I put an ARB locker in the front of my Tracker - noticed the machine work looked like they used a chisel instead of a lathe. When I went to put the right axle in it wouldn't fit in all the way. Called them - "you have to machine the axle end down a little - we've known about that problem for years!" If they knew about it, why don't they fix it?
No more ARB junk for me!

Anyone else run into manufacturors that
"Make things to Sell, not to Use."

Best to be forewarned.

· Registered
4,183 Posts
I'm not sure where this thread is going, hopefully it doesn't turn into this thread http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=230754&perpage=25&pagenumber=1 I personally havn't had any real bad experiances with many companies. I did have rusty not process one of my orders because he was confused with my last name being different than the name on the credit card. Also rubiconexpress told me they didn't have a micrometer when i needed a measurment on a part of theirs. But companies i've had good experiances are MORE (got parts overnighted quick), jegs, and ultimate 4 wheel drive performance www.ultimate4.com (nice, small shop with kick ass prices and service).

Edit: I would still buy from rubiconexpress though i'd have to think twice about ordering from rusty, i'd probably order his products through one of his venders instead (better prices, more personal service). They both offer a quality product for sure.

BarrelRoll

· Registered
82 Posts
Can't really speak for those two companies, but one place I've had really good luck with is Offroad Ltd. I was so happy with them I did a write up on my site...if you need something send them (Christa) an e-mail. Tell her that "Tucker" sent you....I'm 100% sure they will take care of you...

Write up on my site:
http://www.pulledover.org/jeep/reviews/orltd.htm

Tucker

· Registered
13,180 Posts
1. Too often,
2. The big dog on the block,
3. Gets the attitude...
4. I don't' care, I don't have too...
5. It contributes to the puppy growing up,
6. And becoming the big dog on the block...
7. The more things change,
8. The more they stay the same.

· Registered
10,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most everything I've bought from lots of vendors have been quality products - no complaint there - except the ARB. I've installed a couple other ARb lockers and they weren't so crudely built.

But it's the ATTITUDE that gets me! Sure, we are just lowly customers, but they need our business.

Funny, when a business is small they usually bend over backwards to do it right. Once they grow they think the world will beat a path to their door. But sometimes they get so uppity they get to experience being small again.

I know it's usually a clerk that thinks he deserves more pay, and the owner(s) don't realize that their "technical people" are chasing business away.

It would help if from time to time they monitored phone calls and or called in themselves.
When I had my businesses I did that frequently - they never knew when I was listening. Their job depended on listening and being truthful with customers.
If it's not in stock don't lie about it being shipped right away. If there's a difficulty, technical or otherwise, fix it.

If we were able to talk to the owners directly there would seldom be a problem.
It would be a good thing for them to look at places like here too.

· Registered
4,183 Posts
Some times when you have product issues like the problems with the arb it's easier and will usually get you what you want if you have the vendor who you bought the part from call up the manufacturer, especily if you are dealing with a smaller vendor that still takes for granted every sale they make.

BarrelRoll

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.