Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Just in case there is someone left on the planet who may not know this.......you CAN hook hose clamps end-to-end to make a clamp big enough to do what needs to be done. MOST clamps will fit up and thread OK, even if they are different brands. In fact, when you are clamping something big, it's an ADVANTAGE to have two or even three places to tighten instead of just one./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Quadra-Trac Team./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
I already knew that,....I must be very smart, Hehehe.
I keep a bag of clamps in my side box's those things always come in handy. Obviousley not everyone carries tham, because I give away bunch's of em on the trail.

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.

G

·
grasshoppa didn't know this old wise trick!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
he be stupid and travel long distance to retrieve correct size clamp when he could have utilized the smaller ones he already had!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
grasshoppa have just one question grandfather-
me had also a clamp too large. was there a wise trick there too?

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Oh it is too bad that youth is wasted on the young, Hahaha.
You can use a piece of radiator hose cut into about 1" length and slit opened. Then place that around what you want to clamp, and place the clamp over that. It works very well, since the hose rubber is very dense and will allow a very tight compression. This is also a good way to protect an object your clamping around.
Im hoping you were referring to CJ Dave when you referred to "grandfather", I might be getting old, but im still young enough to straighten out most uppedy youths(or is that yooots).
Hahahaha.

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.

G

·
yes mastaH8
you again have shed light on a fuzzy subject!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
i could have inserted a rubber shim to take-up the slop in the too big a clamp and protected my shiny white shock.
:)
thanks ol wise one

G

·
Ive got one for you guys...how about if you break your little 1/4" ratchet or if you do not have the correct amount of ratcheting room...use a medium headed phillips screw driver! It fits right into the 1/4" hole in the extentions and the sockets. It is also good for tightening oil pan gaskets and other gaskets, because of the rough size and diameter of the handle comes out to a good tightening torque.

Mark (OIIIIO) Langmotorsports(business)
1977/CJ7/Glasstub/460ciFord/C6Auto/NP205/4"LIFT/33'S

G

·
looks like mudman might be nearing the "grab the pebble from the master's hand" routine!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
i will remember that one mud. :)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Heh heh......Somehow I jus' cannot visualize H8 as a granpappy. I guess he COULD get to lookin' a lot like Uncle Jesse, and have a backwoods hot rod shop building engines for "runnin' moon" if we just WAITED long enough.....like another fourty years./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Speaking of FOURTY.....before this month is over I'll be a-closin' in on SIXTY with only two more b'days after this one./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Damn! Can I possibly BE that old? 58 in just three weeks?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifGuess it's time to go out and get a JOB!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Quadra-Trac Team./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.