Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Sorry to toss cold water on you but there IS only one God,/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif and He isn't necessarily Jeep-specific. However, your Jeep phenomena is quite understandable. (1) the suspension was way too tight...needed some tweaking and creaking to get it loose enough to really work properly. Trail driving will do that sometimes. (2) your clutch was not releasing completely, fat disc...adjustment...WHATEVER. And the trail drive wore enough off the disc to at last make it "clear" completely and easier to shift. So that's the Jeep story. Would you like to hear the GREATEST story of all? It happened a very long time ago, but changed mankind's relationship to the "real" God. /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I have learned over the years that "magic' seems to obey the laws of physics, no matter where it is found. I believe in magic all right...heh heh...like a check "magically" appears in the ol' PO box...oh yeah.
A zillion years ago when the famous WWI ace Eddie Rickenbacker was in the auto mfg business, they made air cooled cars. They had a slew of problems with the engines. The 'fix' turned out to be just driving them hard till they siezed up, then drinking a coke while they shurnk back, then....no more problems. Magic? Or physics? Heh heh/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif FNG...no problem...I ALWAYS have time to tell great truths./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Heck, I'll MAKE time! /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif I can think of a couple of Jeeps that went to the big Jeep garage in the sky.....along with the drivers and at least one passenger. /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif It CAN happen, and when it does, it's nice to be in tight with Him./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Bit....this IS a Jeep page....I didn't mean to preach! (Actually I did/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif)
We see quite a few posts about over-tightening suspension parts, and you need to be aware of how it can negatively affect the system. Probably the biggest problem that new mechanics have is knowing when to quit tightening. I am constantly telling the little helpers that I have over now and then: "Don't forget to quit!" When they have an extra-long 7/16" box end and they have it on a 1/4" bolt/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif...I watch 'em like a hawk./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.