Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i know a few of the people here and i would like to hear some thoughts on the lunchbox lockers for desert running and some rock crawling

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
well, you know what happened to mine in the 89.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i know but i am looking onto every option i am waiting on some prices from a guy here in town that has a full locker and he also has a rb in the axle still for the 8.8 the axle shaft is busted at the pumpkin and the guy never took it out so those are two more options i have

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
mine will be for sale near probably october.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
ya, but its a detroit!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i have made up my mind i am just going to put a nine inch under the bronc and be happy

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
so, you took my advise!

·
Registered
672 Posts
back to lockers...Is there an OX locker for the 8.8" or what? I've thought about detroit and the others, but I think I would want to put something in that I can have control over. I also don't want to spend a bundle on an ARB locker.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
The OX will be as or a bit more than the ARB. It may not sound like it, but it is supposed to be a precision piece of work, very heavy duty, and very wellbuilt, including the manual cable lock mechanism, thus, it's not cheap. I don't think they have one ready for the 8.8 yet.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
OX Lockers

Unfortunately, there are no workign plans for an ox locker for the 8.8. Actually accorindg to their site, the locker for the 9" isnt even in production yet! ...seems like right now this is 'a jeep thang'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From the limited marketing cr*p I've seen, the ARB looks good too doesn't it? I like the idea of control as well. I totally dug the remote control locker that came as an option on my brother-in-law's Toy Tacoma TRD 4X4...

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
The ARB is good, and expensive as well, once you also buy the compressor. there are options to the compressor. I run one in front, and others do as well. I think shilo is running them at both ends. I like the manners it has in front when off (open diff). When on, it is often referred to effectively as "just like a spool" because the two axles shafts are locked together, no differentiation. They are strong as well. Downside is there are more parts/things that can go wrong, i.e. compressor, leaky tubing/fittings, o-rings, sleeve engagement. This is why I went with a simple, tried/true Detroit in the rear. My ARB has not given me any problems over the years as far as working.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts