Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I serviced the Jeep, and I considered paying a garage to do it, but finally bucked up and did it myself. Both ends up on jack stands, front wheels off, and then 41 grease fittings and seven gear oil cases while rolling around on the creeper wound up being a half day job. And I found out I need to repair the rear differential cover. The plug has been in and out so many times that the threads in the cover are stretched so that I think the plug could be threaded through and drop in. I'll pull; the cover and weld half of a 3/4" pipe coupler in. Always something.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yep, I know the feeling.. I have been trying to make myself go out back when I get home and do a few things to the mustang. Figured if I do a couple little things each evening I will eventually get to the point of making the little beast run again. I have spent the last week digging through boxes trying to figure out what I did with the Z bar when I had swapped the auto trans in it. Found the rod that runs from pedal down and the adjusting rod that goes to the fork so I gotta be getting close.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.