Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a big bore kit for the quadzilla. I just purchased a 87' 250ex frame for $50.00 just needs an engine and swingarm. I am choosing this engine because it is arguably the fast engine ever put in a quad, and it's 2 stroke, goota love that smell. Anywho I am building one helluva woods racer and any help would be appreciated.

GOT MUD?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
go for it !!!!!!!!!!

sounds like a good idea have fun tryin to get the motor in the frame and making a pipe for it

may my zilla live forever

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am sure that there is a big bore kit out there, but i dont know if it will push a zilla to 700cc's. thats a bunch of 2 stroke cc's /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
it sounds like an interesting project, good luck and keep us informed.

Chris /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
'93 Yamaha Banshee (Trinity Stage IV)
'00 Yamaha Blaster

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: lt700r- big bore

Well Wiseco offers a 3.5mm over bore kit for this engine, which bumps displacement up to 540cc. However, you may be able to find a company that offers a big-bore cylinder to the Quadzilla, but offhand I'm not aware of anyone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

If you are gonna put any engine in it why not use something else. Sure the Lt500 had the fastest engine in a quad but remember when that engine came out it came in teh RM500 and it was the slowest and most unreliable open classer. so u might bebetter off finding a engine with a better re.

also a 700cc or even a 500cc engine is too much for a 25oX frame...you will shake/break the bike apart.

"Loofer"
'88 Banshee
'79 Bronco
It is not about "WHAT" you ride, It is about "IF" you ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

ya that alot of vibrasion and weigh. How are you going to be using 700cc 2 stroke power in the woods?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts

it would probably be used for running over trees!

Large balls...the replacement for displacement/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
-VVickedVVarrior-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.