Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rebuilt an 1989 Suziki quadracer, and the power band is not kicking in right, could this be my pipe and silencer, or somthing else

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOT "KICKING IN RIGHT".WHAT IS IT DOING? IS IT ALL TOP END OR NO TOP END? NEED MORE INFO ON WHAT IT IS DOING AND WHAT MODS YOU HAVE,WHAT PIPE/SILENCER,AIR BOX MODS,JETTING,NEEDLE SETTING,ALTITUDE ETC. IT COULD BE ALOT OF THINGS. I DONT THINK ITS YOUR PIPE,BUT WE NEED MORE INFO TO HELP GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT,NOT JUST GUESS AT THE PROBLEM.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was the exhaust power valve adjusted back to spec.??? If the power vavle was out of adjustment it will cause erratic power, most noticably on the mid to top end. As for does it have power band at all, that's an interesting question. The "power band" refers to a two stroke motors RPM point where the super-charger or re-stuffing of the cylinder by the tuned expansion chamber pipe occurs. Check you manual adjust as necessary go from there.

--Backcountry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.