Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif It's been a while since I dinked with LPG, but I had a dual-fuel GMC 1/2 ton with a 40 gallon tank, and it was good for about 400 miles or so....don't forget that all 40 gallons isn't useable.... With LPG, you must de-rate the HP by about 9%. It burns very clean, and starts good cold...as long as it isn't TOO cold./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif the reason that LPG is so shunned in tunnels and places like that is that it is HEAVY....sinks to the bottom, and lays there waiting to detonate. Every now and then I see a boat where the owner has tossed the alcohol stove out and converted to propane./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif I try to be a long way from his boat when he cranks it up./wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif Propane in the bilges? Oh, no problem...let's see here....oh, we won't bother running the blowers today...we are in a hurry...get me a beer...(Boom)./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.