Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to find a lower than stock gear set for an NP205. Does anyone make replacement lower gears? I don't want a doubler/marlin crawler type setup using an NP203 gear box.
Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I looked into this a while back (9 months?) and couldn't find anything. Part of the problem is the gears are so damn huge there isn't room. Have you tried posting this to the Chevy page? Just out of curiosity, why not the doubler with the NP203? What are you running for a tranny? I hear it's only 1" longer than the SM465/NP205 setup and the NP203 is a decent transfer. BTW, if you do find anything, let me know. I swapped in an NP205 and would love to have some lower gears.

JEEPN
'97 TJ Sport
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
'71 Commando SC-1
'51 CJ-3A
'47 CJ-2A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am not sure about the doubler yet. I am using an np435 tranny. I am either going to use a dana 20 tcase with a tera low kit and AA adapter or the np205 with the doubler. I really wan't the strength of the np205 but I want a good low range too. Is there anyone that makes the doubler kit besides offroad design? They don't have a kit for the NP435 yet. I am most concerned about the driveshaft length with this. I just need to measure and see what I have to work with.
Thanks,
Aaron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are you putting this setup in? If you had a vehcile with the diff on the drivers side (TJ, YJ, XJ, ZJ) you could use a kit for and older Bronco from Klune V. They make some pretty awesome kits form what I have heard. I am sure that they could mate it to an NP435 since that is what all the older Bronco's use to replace the three speed.

Scott C

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do not know who makes it, but the Government Mule Y2K has a 435-203-205 combo in it. it has been featured in several mags. you look through any old issues to see if you can find out anything.

dan

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.giflet it snow/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well...I am putting this in a Ford Bronco 2. Shhhhh. I own a TJ though so take it easy. Oh it will have Jeep seats.?:) I am actually swapping in an early bronco front dana 44 too. It is a pretty short wheelbase vehicle and I don't want to have problems with the driveshaft angles. I will check out that Klune V setup. Anyone have an old bronco front end for sale?
Thanks,
Aaron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No wayyyyyy on the Klune V stuff. I could buy an atlas for that kind of money. Granted for $2100 I could have a 140:1 crawl ratio with only 3.73 gears in the diffs and a twin stick shifter but still. For $2800 I could have 288:1. I just want 100:1 for under $1000. Oh well.
Thanks,
Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts