Off Roading Forums banner

Looking for your Cheap Tricks!!!

772 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
Subject says it all - I am looking to put together a huge listing of people's cheap tricks, hopefully to put together on a web site in the near future. They don't have to be ones you came up, just tell any you know of or have used. Here is what I need:

1. A short description (a few sentences or a short paragraph) of the cheap trick.

2. Your name (As you prefer it to be seen) so I can include you as the "submitter" of the Cheap Trick.

This is not just for Jeep stuff - any 4x4 or general automotive cheap trick will do! Also, cheap "tools" seem to be popular as well! Share, share, share!

I already got quite a few good ones from the "Homemade" thread below, but I would like to see lots more.

You can post here, and/or send them directly to me (both is preferred).
DRM033@aol.com

David
Davids 4x4 Page

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Looking for your Cheap Tricks!!! COme on people, I know you have some!

I did, and got some good tips - but I am looking for a bunch more!

The Toyota BBS is killing you guys in this! They have given me TONS of cheap tricks, and I would like to get some more that I know you guys have hidden away in the corners of your brains/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

David
Davids 4x4 Page

#4 ·

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Oh horrors! The Toyota guys are getting the best of the Jeep guys! What a disaster! THE DAY that a Toyota drives past me in snow is the day I will give up my Jeeps.....both of them....but it ISN'T LIKELY! /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave

#5 ·

Hey - just using a little friendly rivalry to get people to contribute! /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

BTW - you really think your Jeep is THAT good in the snow? Come on, you don't think there is a Toyota out there that is better? /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif
Hey, I think I have a very nice truck, but I won't say there is not a Jeep (or any other brand for that matter) out there that does things better...

David
Davids 4x4 Page

G
#6 ·

Hey David....

How about giving the URL to the thread on the Toyota board? I looked over there and couldnt find it. Im also a sucker for cheap tricks.

LarryM
85 CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd
'00 TJ Sport, NV3550 5spd, D44, Teraflex system

G
#7 ·

Ya know, this is kinda like the Harley vs. Jap bike issue...Harley's were first, then the crotch rockets took over because Harley got too complacent...well...guess who the Toyota's copied. It takes this type of 'friendly' competition to keeps us all on our toes.....but when it comes down to it, there is not a single one of us who would not help the other out of a jam on the trail....besides, we have to pick on some one....the Chevy and Ford guys are too easy to mess with......he he....

John......southern CA
84CJ7,3"lift,32"BFG,4.11's,ARB,Solid Axle's

#10 ·
It's oranges and apples........
most of this post has "jeep" tricks & the "toy" post has tips for them.
Some of them fith both but not a whole lot. I did read-em though when you first posted it.Good luck on your site and give us an address when you get it done.
Sounds /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif!!!!!!!

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

G
#11 ·
Oh I got one... dont know if it has been mentioned yet.

For Carter BBD owners missing the gasket between the carb and air cleaner... Next time you do an oil change you can use the seal off the old oil filter for a gasket.

LarryM
85 CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd
'00 TJ Sport, NV3550 5spd, D44, Teraflex system

#13 ·
This is a cheap (and dirty) trick for Carter BBD owners who haven't seen the light of WEBER yet. A 90 degree elbow for 2.5" PVC, cut down on one side and siliconed to the top of the Carb, facing the firewall, is how the snorkel begins.... When I get an adater box made my snorkel will fit my Weber and I'll be driving in the Khacki submarine once again.

G
#14 ·
tranny trick

Easy Tranny dropping for trannies with odd shaped or off centered mounts as well as for dropping the tranny one handed with transfer case attached. The four speed in my jeep and the transfer case were removed by me alone using a floor jack and a chok (?) (device used to keep cars from moving this one was from a fire engine. It is a triangle shaped rubber pad, and when sat on jack I could actually balance the whole assembly, xfer case and tranny at the same time, they are off centered ona jeep, just lower and wheel away, works on other cars two

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.