Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get that under dash plastic housing that goes from the Cowl vent intake, down to the right toward the blower?

I am rebuilding an 81 CJ7 with a YJ tub, set up for CJ windshield, dash and defrost.

The YJ one is set up for vacuum assisted controls and the CJ one I had was melted (probably due to an engine fire, in its prior life). I haven't seen it in any catalogs, they always skip that piece probably because it is so durable.

Thanks
Mark F

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I am making one jeep from two, an 85 CJ7 & 86 CJ7, I just ripped both of them apart down to the frame & gutted the tub out. Im pretty sure I know what part you mean. I have an extra of this part, I don't know what it's worth. Send me and email to [email protected]. I also have a boatload of other parts if you are short on other items (dash pad, dash panel, steering wheel, guages (no clock or tach), steering column & lots others), let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just finishing the same swap. I decided to use the upper heater box of the wrangler. At first I thought I could use the CJ bottom also. In my instance, I was using the wrangler heater controls,tring to update the look and function of my ride.I also added the Blazer blower moter at this time and would highly suggest it. Much more air. I had access to a blank CJ dash so I took out all the cable pulls,dash lights, and non working gauges. I replaced them with Autometer 2 5/8 in gauges and really like it. I retained the CJ speedometer and that was the toughest hole to cut. I also installed a 6 switch panel to operate my back-up lights, front aux lights, line lock, and future air compressor. No room for radio in dash but it is sure functional. I tried several different combinations of the boxes. First I mated the Wrangler top withe CJ bottom. Fit was good but cables were a problem for me since I am using Wrangler controls. I had to locate the wrangler bottom and them I installed it. The blower motor bolts up slightly different than the CJ. The hole did not match up for the plug. After several DUMB tries I realized that I needed to take the back plate off the two bottom sections and swap them. This worked perfectly and all I needed to do was rout the cables and make the necessary adjustments to cable length since the control panel is not in the correct location . I moved it to the area where the radio would have been in the Wrangler dash. It all works great now , just a few more things to put in the dash before I paint it. It is a one-of-a-kind sent up .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe I have the part you need. I got a ton of 1978 CJ-7 jeep parts when I bought my 1984 CJ-7. I realise this is a late entry, but if you're still looking........ how about mine for $30.00? I'd be glad to get some garage space back. Lemme know.

Rawbin /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

1984 CJ-7 304 V8

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am selling a complete heater untit on e bay..it has no bids yet. its under jeep heater assembly.

CJ-7 10"lift

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.