Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin\' for a nice bench seat for my \'82 bronco...

I have and '82 bronco, which came with bucket seats and a console. they're in fine condition, but i really want a bench seat with an optional fold down console/seat. i've looked everywhere it seems and i can't find one. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Re: Lookin\' for a nice bench seat for my \'82 bronco...

Yeah, I've got buckets and just want to replace the center console with a console/fold up seat. Sveral companies out there make them, I think around the $200 range, and can match the color of your interior. I would then also get a center seat belt and bolt it to where the drivers/passenger are now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I want to start this off by saying juice, your bronco is awesome! i love your soft top, ok, with that out of the way, do you know a good place to find a bench seat for my bronco, or should i just go look around on the internet for one? i've found one in jc whittney, but it's like 700 bucks, and i'm kinda hopin for a little cheaper, ya know?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Goto Salesco.com they got tons of bench and bucket seats and they are some of the lowest prices I've found. Im looking at swapping my buckets and console for a bench too. I love the Texas sport bench they have.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts

Yes, Bronco floorpans have provision for bench seats exactly like F-series, whose floorpans have provision for buckets. My '83 and '82 Bronco bodies had the mounting nuts, but I'll check the '96 next week to be sure.

As a general rule, you can expect EVERYTHING forward of the rear edge of the door to be identical between Broncos & pickups.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

BTW Steve Thanks for all the help this wekend with the tailgate. If you ever need help with computers/Networking let me know that I do know.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts

Yep - I looked at the '96 floor today, and it has the hard points for a bench seat, too. They aren't threaded because the bolts cut their own threads. The captain's chairs (orange) use the 2 studs in the rear and the 2 holes in front. The bench (green) uses the 2 unthreaded holes near the doorway, but inboard of the cpt.chr. points.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

hey man you're a life saver, i owe you big time, thanks alot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts