Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I was freaking about how the locking hubs on the Tracker were not working. After a bit of cosmetic surgery, it had become #1 daily driver again.

The Pinz drove like a dream in the recent fall of snow but was developing wheel bearing problems.

The Samurai has some sort of rear axle problem...

The Tracker drove like a Camaro in the snow because one of the hubs was not engaging.

I WAS STARTING TO FREAK OUT, FOLKS.

I emailed a bunch of folks looking for a source of Tracker hubs.

Then, while sitting at my boss's desk surfing the net (don't TELL anyone!) I decided to call Brent at Roadless Gear to see if he had any.

While we chatted, he pointed out to me that often, the mechanism simply gets jammed by corosion and only needs a bit of cleaning.

Well, you can guess what happened.

Often our problems are only as difficult as we make them out to be...

Happy Holidays to all!

· Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops!

I know it was the guy with Crustacean...
We talked about that... a truck that is hard to forget.

don't EVER get old! You can't remember stuff!

· Registered
323 Posts
Had the EXACT same problem this past spring!

Except i'm too cheap/stubborn, so I pulled it apart and I knew something was up when water poured out! I spend a few hours taking it apart, figuring out how it works, cleaning them, regreasing and reassembling. Always more fun to figure it out on your own!

· Registered
10,738 Posts
Yes, they do need a little maintenance from time to time - just like anything else - not just Tracker hubs - all kinds.
Most of the time it just needs cleaning and new lube.

But if they are damaged, SuperWinch has a great set - stronger than stock - not really expensive. Calmini, Rocky Road etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.